Once upon on a time on the most wonderful of days Banner and I were in chorus this tragic event took place. Making my way from where I sat to where Mr.Banjters desk happened to be. I happened to find an evil chair in my way as I was finding a way out of the girl’s chorus maze.
While trying to avoid this chair I came upon others blocking my way to get where everyone else had been sitting. I decided it be best to try and hurtle the one chair then move all the others. I inched a few steps back. As I ran forward and finally came upon the chair I bent my knees getting ready to fling over it. I then pushed up with my toes flying into the air. I moved more up and up and when I was at the climax of my jump with one foot over the chair I felt a sudden hit on my left foot.
I Realized in my attempt to hurtle the chair, my left foot attempted to make me trip. Sadly in the few mere seconds I knew I was doomed. I would hit the ground. And I heard banner gasp as I headed down. I looked around at the others taking breaths so they could get ready to laugh. I saw blurry images but mostly the blue carpeted ground getting closer. as I plummeted to the ground I took one deep breath preparing for the slam I put my hands in front of me and closed my eyes.
And as I suspected I hit the ground with the fullest force. I landed on my hands then stomach then finally legs… Now I heard it. The laughing has officially begun. Just begun. I knew my face was red and wanted to stay there forever in the embarrassment and humiliation, But I knew if I stayed there to long people would think that I had been hurt. If I got up to soon everyone would see the deep red blush in my face.
I waited and allowed myself five seconds. That would be enough time to calm my red blush and get the courage to stand up and face those now laughing people. Before I knew it five seconds had gone. I placed my hands on the floor pushing my upper body to a kneel.
When I got there I know it is time to laugh. To laugh off the shame. I drew a smile across my face and began to giggle. “I guess it’s a little funny” I mumbled to myself. I decided I better get up. I made one knee come to a squat bend, and then did the same with the other. I lifted my body off the floor and went to sit with my friends.
The result of the accident? Laughing throughout the day, I had a Yellow bruise on my foot, And of course the humiliation of an embarrassing fall. I have learned that embarrassing falls can only be healed by two ways and two ways only. By laughing off the shame and time to heal the bruise. Something you cannot hide from an embarrassing fall that will haunt your humiliation moments, it takes in all twenty to thirty seconds.
No comments:
Post a Comment